As a property developer you may know you need a development appraisal, but do you fully understand why, or what it should include? The...Read more +
Chelmsford City Regeneration – Tackling Housing Shortfalls
Evolution5 are working with Chelmsford City Council to tackle the current housing shortfall by supporting the delivery of 18 temporary homes across two sites in Chelmsford.
Using fast-paced modular construction methods to speed up delivery times and, in turn return on investment, the project will provide vital accommodation for people in Essex who are in need of emergency accommodation or who are at risk of becoming homeless.
The new facilities will aim to relieve some of the burden on Chelmsford City Council’s finances when having to place often vulnerable people into Bed & Breakfast type accommodation.
Each site will have nine modular units, some of which will be stacked to create a two storey structure with associated staircase access.
Each site will require to have the following works completed as part of the overall scheme;
- New power supplies
- New water supplies
- New drainage systems connected into existing networks
- New external lighting schemes
- Foundations for the modular units
- Hard landscaping around the site to include access road and footpaths
- Soft landscaping to include grassed areas and planting
- New boundary fencing and knee rails to grassed areas
- New bin stores and cycle store facilities
Evolution5 has provided Construction Management services to prepare the site and will be managing the modular installation which is due to take place next month in November 2017.
Upon completion we look forward to being able to share a full case study of this innovative project.