Evolution5 was appointed to provide Construction Management services on this residential development in Kent.
The project involved an exclusive new residential development of eight 3 and 4 bedroom detached and semi-detached homes finished to a high specification and set in a private cul-de-sac in the popular village of Iwade.
During the course of the development, we encountered some interesting challenges, which we addressed for our Client, Coleshall Developments Ltd:
- Slow worm translocations to receptor site
- Rights of Way Public Path Diversion Order
- Section 106 of the Water Industry Act 1991 to connect to public sewerage system
- Relocation of utilities poles and services within the site
- Archaeology management planning
- Contaminated soil remediation
Our remit as Construction Manager extended to provide development management services, which involved us liaising with investors, funders, monitoring surveyor, acquisition solicitors, conveyancing solicitors and selling agents.
Construction Management services included:
- Design reviews and buildability input
- Cost estimating, cost planning, and cost control
- Design, procurement, and construction programming
- Tender Events Schedule
- Procuring Trade Contractors
- Procuring Consultants
- Preparing Trade Contracts and Consultant Appointments
- Administrating Trade Contract
- Trade Contractor monthly valuations
- Liaising with Monitoring Surveyor for Development Fund Drawdowns
- Principal Contractor duties under the CDM Regulations
- Health, Safety, Environment and Quality management